41. The annual worth of Utah’s manufacturing is greater than that of its mining and farming combined.
42. The wallflower is so called because its weak stems often grow on walls and along stony cliffs for support.
43. It is the interaction between people, rather than the events that occur in their lives, that is the main focus of social psychology.
44. No social crusade aroused Elizabeth Williams’ enthusiasm more than the expansion of educational facilities for immigrants to the United States.
45. Quails typically have short rounded wings that enable them to spring into full flight instantly when disturbed in their hiding places.
46. According to anthropologists, the earliest ancestors of humans that stood upright resembled chimpanzees facially, with sloping foreheads and protruding brows.
47. Not until 1866 was the fully successful transatlantic cable finally laid.
48. In his writing, John Crowe Ransom describes what he considers the spiritual barrenness of society brought about by science and technology.
48. John Crowe Ransom在他的著作中描述了他认为是由科学技术给社会带来的精神贫困。
49. Children with parents whose guidance is firm, consistent, and rational are inclined to possess high levels of self-confidence.
50. The ancient Hopewell people of North America probably cultivated corn and other crops, but hunting and gathering were still of critical importance in their economy.
51. Using many symbols makes it possible to put a large amount of inFORMation on a single map.
52. Anarchism is a term describing a cluster of doctrines and attitudes whose principal uniting feature is the belief that government is both harmful and unnecessary.
53. Probably no man had more effect on the daily lives of most people in the Untied States than did Henry Ford a pioneer in automobile production.
54. The use of well-chosen nonsense words makes possible the testing of many basic hypotheses in the field of language learning.
55. The history of painting is a fascinating chain of events that probably began with the very first pictures ever made.
56. Perfectly matched pearls, strung into a necklace, bring a far higher price than the same pearls told individually.
57. During the eighteenth century, Little Turtle was chief of the Miami tribe whose territory became what is now Indiana and Ohio.
58. Among almost seven hundred species of bamboo, some are fully grown at less than a foot high, while others can grow three feet in twenty-four hours.
59. Before staring on a sea voyage, prudent navigators learn the sea charts, study the sailing directions, and memorize lighthouse locations to prepare themselves for any conditions they might encounter.
60. Of all the economically important plants, palms have been the least studied.
61. Buyers and sellers should be aware of new developments in technology can and does affect marketing activities.
62. The application of electronic controls made possible by the microprocessor and computer storage have multiplied the uses of the modern typewriter.
63. The human skeleton consists of more than two hundred bones bound together by tough and relatively inelastic connective tissues called ligaments.
64. The pigmentation of a pearl is influenced by the type of oyster in which it develops and by the depth, temperature, and the salt content of the water in which the oyster lives.
65. Although mockingbirds superbly mimic the songs and calls of many birds, they can nonetheless be quickly identified as mockingbirds by certain aural clues.
66. Not only can walking fish live out of water, but they can also travel short distances over land.
67. Scientists do not know why dinosaurs became extinct, but some theories postulate that changers in geography, climate, and sea levels were responsible.
68. The science of horticulture, in which the primary concerns are maximum yield and superior quality, utilizes inFORMation derived from other sciences.
69. Snow aids farmers by keeping heart in the lower ground levels, thereby saving the seeds from freezing.
70. Even though the precise qualities of hero in literary words may vary over time, the basic exemplary function of the hero seems to remain constant.